Thursday, March 17, 2011

beginning_of_fortnight gem is out

As promised I've cleaned up my beginning of fortnight hack and turned it into a proper ruby gem.

Install in the usual way:
sudo gem install beginning_of_fortnight

It requires ActiveSupport and adds {next,end_of,beginning_of}_fortnight methods to the Date and Time class. They work the same as the *_week methods defined by ActiveSupport. You can set where you want fortnight boundaries to be (or just use the default).

For more info see:

I carefully made sure the docs look good in RDoc but, rubydoc.info uses YARD. So they don't look so great and actually the main usage examples which I put at the top of the file aren't showing at all...

I guess I will convert to using YARD. Is RDoc fading away? The website looks pretty musty.

(Just for fun, here are tweets where it all began).

No comments: